Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Yeah! New Music!

(man, I just posted a long post and I hit some button (not "delete") and it all just disappeared, no recovery possible. boooo!)

All right, T and I were driving around last night and the radio was tuned to 88.5am. T said, "Hey, I think this is Paco De Lucia live!". I said. "Huh? Who?" He then schooled me in the music of "The Guitar Trio". The trio is made up of Paco De Lucia, Al De Meola, and John McLaughlin. They have been around for awhile (at least 15 years) and I have read that their older stuff is better than their new stuff. I can't wait to pick up a CD of theirs. We sat in the car mesmerized, listening intently. We shook our heads in disbelief and chuckled when a crazy loop was thrown. It was some of the best guitar I have ever heard. The guitar style is like Django Reinhardt's gypsy-jazz, the intricate picking and playing but with a spanish-flamenco flair, so, it could be called spanish-gypsy-jazz? Whatever it is, it's very good stuff.

Oh, and I also wanted to note that I very rarely hear good music on the radio. It was super sweet to run across this type of talent on the radio, just high quality original guitar work. It was a bit of heaven on the airwaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home