Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Star Wars, Episode III, Revenge of the Sith

I was not really around for the Star Wars Trilogy theatre releases. I have watched the trilogy several times on VHS in all of my twenty-six years though. I kind of paid attention but never studied the dialogue or asked questions. So after seeing the movies I pretty much couldn't tell you what was going on, I could only name characters and describe a few scenes. My mom used to do my hair like Princess Leia's when I was little.

I also have never seen Episodes I or II. They looked lame to me (and supposedly they were) and I just wasn't interested. Well, T has been really excited about the new Star Wars movie. All the hype said that this one was "the one", the one that everyone has been waiting for.

Episode I was released at the theatres today, actually midnight last night. T and I went and were sucked in from the get go. The movie was incredibly done. I am so happy that I saw this at the actual theatre and not on TV at home; the visuals and sound and just all the amazing things I saw. Everything really came together for me this time. I now know backgrounds and agendas, who is who and why. There are a few things they could have done without in my opinion (whoever played Anikan). However, I am not an expert. But due to the fact that the movie is so detailed and complex, it's hard to be perfect. All in all, it's one of the best movies I have ever seen. I can't wait to see the trilogy again and finally know what in the galaxy (haha) is going on. George Lucas is a man with an imagination that truly cannot be beat.

Final Grade*: A

*Graded by someone who doesn't really know much about anything cinematic, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home