Thursday, May 12, 2005

LYLAS & BFF

My best friend has always been and will always be no matter what. I have been so blessed to have her in my life for all of our 26 years. We were friends in strollers. We were friends in the cul-de-sac. We were friends under the weeping willow tree eating our picnic dinner and at the neighborhood pool and at first communion, CCD, many birthday parties and talent shows. We stuck together through babysitting, tennis teams, switching schools and living together. We were friends throughout elementary school, middle school, high school, college and beyond. We have learned to value our unbelievable friendship, sadly, by seeing too many friends pass. We have been through the trials and tribulations of friendship and have always come out stronger in the end. And now, even though we are not each others sidekicks and she lives half way across the country and maybe we don't talk all the time, she is still my very best friend ever. We may no longer be attatched at the hip but we are still attached at the heart and soul.

That is the true meaning of best friends forever and love ya like a sister. She is the BEST friend and a true sister.

Laura, you have made me laugh a trillion and one times. You are honest and sincere, faithful and devoted. You are beautiful and intelligent, ambitious and passionate. You are true to your friends and loyal beyond comprehension. I am so fortunate to have had you in my life all of these years. I miss you and love you more than you know. I look forward to our friendship continuing into the days when we are too old too hold our bladders while laughing.

Congratulations on graduating Colorado State with a Master's Degree! You deserve nothing but the best in life and I say that without any hesitation. I wish I could be there to share in your excitement. I am sad I can't see the finale to all of your hard work and dedication and help you celebrate. I hope you know that I am there in spirit. I am so incredibly proud of you!!!

-J

1 Comments:

At Fri May 13, 12:51:00 AM , Blogger ramblin' girl said...

That was beautiful!
And thanks for visiting my quiet little corner of blog-world!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home