Sunday, May 22, 2005

My Favorite Books

In my last post I said that "To Kill A Mockingbird" is one of my three favorite books. I started thinking about it and I think I have more than three favorites. It's like asking, "what is your favorite song?". Can't be done. At least not by me. I looove books and music. So here is where I list my favorite books...

(also let me point out, I know that book titles are supposed to be underlined but from as far as my pretty computer illiterate self can tell, there is no "underline" option on this posting, only "bold" and "italic")

In no particular order, I give you my favorite (fiction) books I have ever read...

-To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
-Grapes Of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
-Travels With Charley (John Steinbeck)
-East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
-Uncle Tom's Cabin (Harriet Beecher-Stowe)
-Color Purple (Alice Walker)

Coming in second (also, no particular order)...

-Conversations With God (Neale Donald Walsch)
-In the Time of the Butterflies (Julia Alvarez)
-How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents (Julia Alvarez)
-Ecology of a Cracker Childhood (Janisse Ray)
-the Godfather (Mario Puzo)

My favorite authors (some who do not appear in my favorite books list, but I love reading their stuff)...

John Steinbeck (most favorite)
Julia Alvarez
David Sedaris
Dorothy Allison
Chuck Palahniuk

There are so many good books out there, so many good ones I have yet to read...

2 Comments:

At Wed May 25, 01:20:00 AM , Blogger ramblin' girl said...

those are both impossible questions... really don't think I could name my favorite song or book. I think they change with my moods... constantly...

you have great taste in books (and authors).

 
At Wed May 25, 11:24:00 AM , Blogger j. said...

thanks :) i worked at a bookstore for a long time so i fell in love with all kinds of books...and john steinbeck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home