Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Responsibility

It creeps...slowly...creepin'...creepin'...

Over the years I feel it, I see it, it hits me and I run, I bump into it...aaahhhh...go away!

It's responsibility.

I am becoming more and more responsible. Finally, after all these years of avoiding and being scared. Oh, I miss the days of quitting jobs to go to a show. I miss going on a week long camping trip, taking road trips at the spur of the moment and all that really fun stuff. I miss not worrying about bills, health insurance, car maintainance and all kinds of other "grown-up" things. Oh, well, I have had my fun. Now I have to be responsible and find fun elsewhere.

I am staying at my parent's house for the summer before moving to where I'll be attending school. I have been saving up my money for an apartment, deposit, moving costs, etc. I will be living alone so it will be pretty expensive. I thought it all through and came to the decision that it is best for me to stay at my parent's until second semester starts (January). Then I can continue to save money and actually have some in the bank after I move; instead of moving in September and not having a dime after the move.

I now think thoughts like..."I'm going to need furniture after giving mine away"..."What if my car breaks down after I move"..."I'm going to need an internet connection"...I don't dig it so much but at the same time it feels empowering.

One of the big advantages of staying home for first semester...

I can finally visit my best friend out in Colorado. She has been in Fort Collins for almost 3 years now (god, has it been that long already?) and I haven't been able to afford a visit. Maybe in August near my birthday I can fly out there.

edit- she has been in CO for two years (whew).

4 Comments:

At Tue May 31, 11:46:00 PM , Blogger ramblin' girl said...

Although I couldn't live with my parents for grad school, I waited one semester and lived with them for about 5 months. The smartest (most responsible) thing I'd done in a long time. I worked 2 jobs (mostly because the thought of hanging out with the 'rents every night frightened me) and saved up lots of money towards tuition and living expenses!

Woohoo, a trip to Colorado! if it's not too blog-stalker of me to suggest, and I'm not too old and boring for you, and you end up anywhere nearby, maybe I'll buy you a birthday drink if you make it out here!

 
At Tue May 31, 11:53:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tue May 31, 11:53:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

yeah! sounds like fun! i like drinks and i think we'd get along!

i will still be attending school while at my parents so i will be busy and not "stuck".

i have lived on and off with them for awhile now and we get along just fine so that's why the decision was a fairly easy one.

 
At Tue May 31, 11:53:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

oops.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home