Tuesday, October 04, 2005

By Request...

Undr asked one time that I share my drawings. I will share what I can. My professors take up all our work and hold the pieces until the end of the semester. I have only a couple things, mostly inclass excercises. The one charcoal still life is what we have been working on in class, it will be due tomorrow. The charcoal still life I spoke about in my last post is one I have yet to start, it is also due tomorrow.

One of my graphite still lifes* is hanging in the hallway of the art department, I was so proud when I saw it hanging. It was better than I had even originally thought.

*i like "still lifes" because even though I'm sure "still lives" is the correct way to say it, it just sounds funny to me



close-up of the speckled two-headed squash. i like to call him the dirty snowman.



this is the charcoal stil life due tomorrow. it consists of 2 types of fabic, a double headed squash (which is really specklely), a yam, 2 apples and a decaying turnip (it was ripe when we started. there was also supossed to be another turnip there but it decayed much too quickly that it had to be thrown out). this still life is a bit rushed because the foods are dying so we didn't have as much time to work on it. i might still work on it a bit, it needs refining. and basically, i suck at drawing fabric. the hanging fabric in the back is fairly good but all the fabric that the stuff is sitting on sucks ass. it's hard, people.



this was a quick inclass study on shadowing. that ball is supossed to look like it's about to roll off the page. charcoal.



this was a homework excercise on one point perspective.



this was a quick inclass exercise in negative space. the picture is of stools stacked and jumbled. we were not allowed to draw the stools. we had to fill in the negative space around the stools which in turn draws the objects themselves. charcoal.



this was an inclass study on shapes and making them appear 3-D. it's kinda messed up. this was from one of the first days of class. graphite.

1 Comments:

At Fri Oct 07, 01:17:00 AM , Blogger j. said...

someone informed me the other day that the dirty snowman might be a gourd. i really don't know. either way, i'm not losing sleep over not knowing what he is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home