Saturday, October 01, 2005

Jesus Built My Hotrod

So, I got my car back the same day it was fixed. She's all healthy. I also forgot that the whole reason for passing emissions was to get the 2006 tag sticker. That cost me an additional $75. My bank account is down to $25. It's just lovely. And of course gas prices are rising and I commute an hour to school.

Along with all that expensive nonsense...the mechanic tried to save my soul. I am a very spiritual person, however, I must look like I am going to hell. I wouldn't think so, I look fairly innocent and normal. Actually, I *am* fairly innocent and normal. I get these people all the time though that are trying to wash my blood off their hands by sharing with me the secret to get into heaven. Maybe it's because people find it easy to talk to me. I get all kinds of people...a girl at work said I attract these people because I am too personable. Regardless... I want to build a relationship with this mechanic shop because it's a good thing to do. Well, Keith the Mechanic deicided to fill me in on God's plan for me. My mom had dropped me off to pick up my car, she knew in the first second that she needed to get out while she could. I was left there alone. He talked and talked and talked. He talked some more. Then some more. Ususally I am too polite to say "I have to run" or whatever. But my mom had called me to say dinner was on the table, I relayed the message to him, he didn't care. She called to tell me that a friend had stopped by the house to see me (which was a lie), he didn't care. Keith (god bless his heart) was trying to uplift me with the power of the Lord. With every word he spoke, I moved closer to my car, I sat down, put the seat belt on, turned the engine on, he continued to talk and talk and talk. He said that because I am single that I should try going to church to find my life mate. He recommmended his church, the Pentacostal church. The one in the mountains (he lives in the North GA. mountains) where they dance in the middle of the aisles and speak in tonuges. He told me that if the preacher was preachin' and I felt the itchin' in my body to get up and holler and shake a leg, that in his church, the rural mountain Pentacostal church, I could do so and no one would bat an eye. He made no mention of snake handeling but I wouldn't be surprised if they were that charismatic of a church. Anyway, I don't know how it all ended but I somehow got away, I think I just blocked it out, after about 45 minutes plus of nodding my head and saying, "uh huh" "i agree" "sure" "totally", you get the point, a haze came over me and I think the Lord saved me from Keith, the Good Lord carried me away. However, Keith planted the seed like he had intended and I'm sure he would be disappointed to know, the seed has withered and died.

2 Comments:

At Mon Oct 03, 12:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is good to get you outta there, at least in your mind! As a Christian who ran like hell from people trying to shove it down my throat like that, I'm always amazed at the tactic!
IC

 
At Tue Oct 04, 02:54:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

justsoyaknow, i am not knockin' christians.

BUT that tactic does suck. i was raised in the baptist church. the method they taught us to witness to people was to get people alone (basically cornering them), then unleash the power of the Lord. if we didn't we would die and have their blood on our hands for all eternity.

i prefer people who live by example, discuss (not preach) in conversation and don't corner people and basically tell them to, "open wide".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home