Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Forgot To Tell Ya...

I went to see the professor about the Italy trip and...

all the spots are taken. I was heartbroken. I am such a crybaby AND I didn't cry, that is huge for me!

He said I could be put on the "alternates" list because sometimes people end up not being able to go. I think at this point though, I don't want to be put on a waiting list. I can't totally plan for something that I might end up not doing. I can't get my hopes up just waiting for someone to drop out of the trip. Also, I wouldn't be the only one on the waiting list. I will probably just wait for the next Italy trip. They are offering summer semester in Ireland. I would love, love, love to spend the summer in Ireland but I'd rather invest that money towards Italy in the future. My mom has already started taking my Sunday tips (which is another reason I am so broke) and hiding them from me to save for Italy. I'll just let her continue to do that for another Italy opportunity. My friend, Karen, from school says she heard about a mini-trip to New York City. So maybe some of that money can go to touring NYC with my art department. Don't know any details about it but she's investigating. I want to go with her too because she is awesome.

So, in the end, I am still heartbroken about Italy but I think it worked out for whatever reason unbeknownst to me. I don't want to dwell on it for too long or it will really upset me.

1 Comments:

At Wed Oct 26, 01:16:00 PM , Blogger anika said...

Aw, I'm sorry.
You could always come to Canada as a consolation prize!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home