Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sundays

With the exception of this Sunday in particular...

Fuck Sundays.

Someone picked up my shift today at work. I got bitched at by my boss because I was supossed to train today. She tried to guilt trip me into taking my shift back. I wasn't having it. Fuck training. And fuck Sundays.

I open that place EVERY Sunday. The last time I was not there at 12 on Sunday was the first week of August when I went to Colorado. I have put in request after request saying that I can no longer open on Sundays. Each one has been ignored. It will end.

Sundays suck because I bust my ass on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. By noon on Sunday my ass is worn out. I am dazed. I ache. I bitch. A lot. Sundays make me bitter, they also don't produce any income. So, in addition to hating Sundays, I hate Sunday customers. I hate the church people who just tipped God so they are out of money when it comes to me. I hate the teenagers whose parents drop them off to eat a $8 hamburger, drink 47.5 Cokes and consume 8 loaves of free bread and leave me 50 cents. I hate ghetto fucks that can afford extra shots in their drinks and add on lobster tails and 'skrimp' and then tip you two ones on $63. I love old people but not when they come in and sit in my section. They drink water, split their meal and sit an extra hour drinking coffee, I get a $3 tip. I am bitter, I am sorry. I could go on much more but real quick let's talk about the family's and their kids who dribble all over the table, scream and cry and mush up mac and cheese all over the table and high chair and then drop their cheerios all over the floor. There are kids that think the sugar caddy is their toy and some kids that enjoy licking the top of the salt shaker. There are kids that love to run around the restaurant and tug on server's pant legs when that server is carry a very heavy tray. And people, the reason I hate these people is because they don't tip me enough. If they did I would be bragging on these fuckers but that is obviously not the case.

Maybe I should quit you say. Nope. I love my job so much. I love the people I work with so so so much. I just hate the interacting with the customers part. You say maybe I don't get tips because they can feel my negativity. Nope they don't. I am just a laughing ray of sunshine on the floor. I bust my ass for you and make you smile and you love me! You tell me so! You just tip me verbally. People, words don't pay the bills, tuition, gas, etc.

Okay, so I had today off. I don't know why all of the sudden I just typed all of that. I was purging I guess. All I intended to write was small and simple.

Things I failed to accomplish today:

- still life using conte
- paper bag still life using conte
- black and white value composition
- shower

Things I accomplished today:

- being awake for a total of 6 hours
- 2 naps
- one load of laundry

and I have a message for my best friend:
Laura, I love you and I am so sorry that I am about the worst friend ever. Your present still has yet to be sent. I know your birthday was weeks ago. I entertained the thoughht of sending it today but it's Sunday.* I know, I know, I know. I am overwhelmed and sorry. I love you.

*more reasons as to why Sundays suck:

- post office is closed
- Chick-Fil-A is closed
- bank is closed
- Blue Laws

3 Comments:

At Mon Oct 24, 11:59:00 AM , Blogger anika said...

Wow I'm starting to hate Sundays too ... And I so agree with you on the waitressing things! I was a server for a year and I. Hated. It. I was friendly, too (*cough* most of the time) but it's kind of a thankless job sometimes.

 
At Tue Oct 25, 01:16:00 AM , Blogger j. said...

thankless certainly. thanking me with a good tip works for me but not with our clientelle.

and yes, you would like more Splenda? certainly! oh! what? more lemons? you're kidding, right?

Undi, the new store in commerce?

good bless servers, we're going to heaven, except for the bartender who sleeps with all the new girls*.

*except me, i'm smarter than that.

 
At Tue Oct 25, 04:30:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

there are a couple of people from my work that are opening that store. they leave thurday. funny.

be a fellow OBer. it's bonzer. hahaha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home