Friday, October 14, 2005

Panic Time

My friend, Chris, mentioned to me last night that Panic (link: www.widespreadpanic.com) is playing in Macon tomorrow night. I have not seen them since they have returned from "hiatus". Nor have I really cared to. The last time I saw Panic play was their last show on New Years before their break, 12-31-03. Well, last night when Chris mentioned the show I got that feeling inside me and I jumped all over it. I really am excited about seeing them. My friend Rachel might come with me. My mom is for sure going. I already got our tickets. My mom will totally be out of her element but I want her to get a taste of what my most favorite hobby used to be. She has been wanting to go and I have been wanting to take her but in the past it just never happened. My brother wanted to take her to see the Dead, she kept putting it off, then Jerry died. She regrets it. Well, Mikey has died and she regrets not seeing the original Panic with me. I figured now is a good time. It won't be the same but it'll still be fun. AND the best news about seeing Panic is that the Truckers (link: www.drivebytruckers.com) are opening. I am so completely ecstatic about that. I have been wanting to see them forever. Every time they play somewhere, something always comes up to where I cann't go. I have been so frustrated about that. They are one of my favorite bands and it sucks that I haven't seen them live. I'm sure I'll run into people I know down there. I think people will make an extra effort to go to this one show in particular because it's close to home and the Truckers are opening.

I hope I don't run into Matt.

I'm so excited.

EDIT- I LIED. i have no brains cells. i forgot that i saw Panic this past spring. I even posted in my blog about it i believe. obviously it was a memorable show (sarcasim high). so this will be my second show post-hiatus. whatever, i pumped about the Truckers.

p.s. Rachel cannot go. she has some shit to deal with and going to Macon is the last thing she's thinking about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home