Monday, October 10, 2005

In Other Reality News

For my 2D design class I had to come up with 12 patterns and then recreate 12 textures from something. So all in all I had to have 24 2x2" squares. I got graded on them today and she wanted to keep mine to photocopy to show other students examples and the correct way it should be done. I was pretty happy about that.

My prick drawing teacher is starting to hate me less. Which in turn makes me hate him less. Actually now I like him more every class. We joke around and he laughs at my jokes. Last week he came and sat down with me before my 2D class and we talked about non-school stuff so that was nice. I think that he was being a jerk mostly in the beginning because he was weeding students out and being hard on us so we'd realize how critical art can be. He certainly weeded people out. We started with 21 students and now we are down to maybe 14. It's also midterm so we are about to lose more from both of my classes. Robbie Rob (not his name but my nickname for him) thinks my still life (the dirty snowman one) is good and he helped me with my fabric texture a lot and was nice about it, not a dick. The still life is due on Wednesday. It's not completely finished but I don't have time to go back up to the studio to work on it before it's due. Mine is one of the best in the class but I think that's probably only because it's far more finished than most. Last Monday my teacher went home sick after only 15 minutes of class. I stayed with a couple others and continued to work on it. Most girls* left after about 20 minutes. I knew I had to stay or I would have gotten an F. We didn't work on it last Wednesday because that's the day we went outside and drew for 3 hours in the perfect weather. I drew the entrance to the student union. We had to utilize atmospheric perspective. Anyway, I'll leave it how it is and hopefully get a B on it (he rarely hands out A's).



In my 2D class, this boy, Kit, said that he has an extra easel I can have. For free! I hope he remembers to bring it to school for me. Good easels are extremely costly. The one he's giving me isn't that great but it'll do for now while I save up for a really nice one that'll last forever. It's no wonder they call artists "starving artists". Being an artist is ex.pen.sive! With the cost of all of everything, I will never be able to afford to leave my parent's house. But I love art school and I am super happy.

During smoke break today we messed with a huge pile of ants. heh.







For dinner tonight I had the best nachos. The picture doesn't reflect how yummy it was but I'm showing you anyway. I added banana peppers to it. Best idea ever. Banana peppers are the shit.




*in my drawing class there is only one boy, his name is Aaron. in my 2D class there are two, Aaron and Kit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home