Monday, August 01, 2005

Hello from Colorado

Stopping in (on a high speed connection!!!! it's so nice and fast!) to say hello and read my comments, thank you all, I knew I was loved! Anyway, I have been having a load of fun so far and I will give you a brief update of what I have been doing since I got here. Details and pictures will follow when I am back in the dirty dirty. heh. I forgot my usb cord to download pics from the camera to the computer so either I have to go buy another one or buy a new memory disk for my digi. I think the latter is too expensive.

Friday- flew in. went out to dinner at Avo's, listened to some music and drank some beer.

Saturday- i woke up early and took laura's dog for a walk. yay me. bagel shop. watched one hour laguna beach premiere with laura (who had not seen it). went to the thrift store, bead shop and New Belgium Brewery to sip on some beer samplings. met up with laura's boyfriend, ben and headed out to the Mishawaka (check out the pics link) to see Dark Star Orchestra. They played a Dead show from the late 70's (I'm trying to figure out which one), opened up with Jack Straw which was great. We also saw a band called Hot Buttered Rum (bluegrass) and some band called Kannal which was kinda like tribal rock (?). we had a great time, saw some funny stuff and just had a wonderful time relaxing on the patio, at the bottom of the mountain by the river. on the way back to the car we stopped to look up at all the zillions of stars in the sky. they were beautiful and amazing and almost brought tears to my eyes. i miss colorado and the mountains and rivers and very very very clear skies and clean air and all that is natural and rural and by the grace of some amazing god- absolutely mind blowing.

Sunday- headed over to ben's where he made us breakfast that included hashbrowns, sausage and pancakes (at 1:30pm). hi ben! thank you! after that we slept some more and went back home to laura's and slept some more. we were lazy. later, the dog, laura and i walked to get some ice cream. then we got pizza and salad to eat while we all got together to watch Six Feet Under (which is a really awesome show). "all" includes me, laura, ben and dave. i had a Dale's Pale Ale. it came in a can and i am not a huge pale ale fan but it really was delicious as i had been told. laura and i then ventured out to the grocery store late night and got 3 little pints of Ben and Jerry's ice cream (Phish Food and Butter Pecan). mmmmm.

Monday- that is today. i think i am about to take the dog for a walk, it's a beautiful day. when laura gets off work we are eating the "balboa" from the bagel shop. i'm hungry and looking forward to it. i think we are driving into the mountains later to some place that i forgot the name of. at some point we are driving up to Rocky Mountain National Park or Estes Park. i have never been to Estes and really want to go.

You may now return to your normal daily activites.

1 Comments:

At Tue Aug 02, 12:49:00 PM , Blogger ramblin' girl said...

glad to hear you're having fun here! wish I could have joined you for a beer. but sounds like you're keeping plenty busy having fun... while we're all working...

enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home