Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Bro's in the Air

Jay is on the plane, as I type. He still has another 10 hours or so in the air. He had a layover in Seoul, Korea and then it was a straight flight to Atlanta. We will be picking him up in the morning. I am really anxious. I have to work tomorrow night and I am kinda happy about that so I can take a breather in the midst of the Jay-coming-home whirlwind. We have cleaned and cleaned and organized. We got flowers for the house and a "welcome home" sign and balloons for the kitchen. I think my brother is going to freak out being back in the states after a 5 year absence. Not only has he been gone but he missed September 11 and has not experienced post 9/11 America. He is very smart and I am interested to discuss his observations and insight.

Anyway, tomorrow I have a brother again. The four of us have not lived under the same roof since 1993. jeez. And yes, I am too old to be living at home. Fuck off. :)

2 Comments:

At Fri Jul 08, 11:40:00 AM , Blogger ramblin' girl said...

Enjoy having your brother around. Mine definitely are nicer to me and we get along better now that we are older... well except one of them hitting my car the other day, but that was an "accident".

 
At Fri Jul 08, 12:40:00 PM , Blogger Yoda said...

J2,

Enjoy your brother's return...my sister and I have always gotten along well, but now that we're (supposedly) grown-ups, it's much better.

By the way...check out my blog...my apologies, but you've been tagged.

~Kurt

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home