Tuesday, July 05, 2005

IKEA

I have downloaded the pics from IKEA. Yes, you will confirm that I am a huge dork with nothing better to do than be an idiot. But, hey, I enjoy myself and that's that.

To go in progression of actual events, scroll backwards. You know, go from the bottom to the top.

We went down to the IKEA Thursday, the day after it's opening. The anticipation was killing us and we were so excited driving down to Atlanta, we could barely contain ourselves. We spent a good amount of money there but we had been saving. I was a little anxious because I was afraid of IKEA disappointing me and my expectations. I had set the bar seriously high.

We spent a total of six hours in the store. The time was flying. The place is so huge and there is so much to see. The first time in we shopped on the first floor (the marketplace). We unloaded our purchases and headed back in to the second level (the showroom). I unknowingly lost my phone while testing out a sofa. This was not realized until we were at the car about to leave. My mom repeatedly called my phone and someone finally answered. She said she was in IKEA near the sofas. So, the third time in the store I had to retrieve my phone. The dear lady met me at the top of the second floor escalator to return it to me. She said they kept hearing a sofa ring and finally decided to answer it. I have had a cell phone for a few years now and that was the first time I had ever lost it. The best thng about going back in was when we got to go back out by using the declining escalator. It sounds stupid but it's pretty cool. Maybe I'm sheltered but I have never been on a flat escalator that goes down.

We went back on Sunday (July 4th weekend and even more packed). We spent three hours there (which we thought was pretty good considering). It was a bit more of a hassle but still wonderful.

Overall, I love the people that work there and the customers are even awesome too. Everyone is happy there is such a great store here now. They are all nice and considerate and relaxed. It's a far cry from Target or the mall.

I guess that's it. I know you all were just on the edge of your seats in anticipation awaiting my IKEA post.

The End.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jul 06, 12:30:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

don't know where gumlog is. i'll figure it out and visit stumpy's one day on your recommendation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home