Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Ze Zvedish Chef!

I was just reminded of eating the swedish meatballs at IKEA. I kept laughing about the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. First off, I loved the Muppets. I don't mean just love, I freakin LOVED the Muppets. They have a really special place in this tender sentimental heart of mine. But as I was eating the meatballs in the IKEA cafe, I kept thinking of him. I don't remember what he said, I just remember a lot of mumbling in swedish and tossing of food wildly as he cooked, ah, and the chickens clucking!.

I found a couple websites that made me laugh. I will now be going "bork bork bork!" in my head (or outloud and everyone at work will think I am eating acid) all the time. Man, I'm crackin up right now just thinking about him.

  • a good site


  • click on the mock swedish translation


  • The first link leaves a lot to explore. AND! There seems to be a commemerative stamp that will be issued this year! heh.

    bork bork bork!

    edit: i said chickens, i think he only had one. i think the multiple chickens appeared when the Muppets were in space. regardless, there were a lot of chickens somewhere on the Muppets. man, i have got to get the dvd set if they have one.

    4 Comments:

    At Wed Jul 06, 02:49:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    He had multiple chickens!

    and yes, Muppets in Space is one of the funniest movies around.

    "you will build a jacuizzzie"

     
    At Wed Jul 06, 12:26:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

    i used to watch the Muppet Babies a lot when i was younger. i *liked* them a lot but not as much as the actual Muppets. i love The Muppets Show. the guest stars, the skits, just all the hilarity. i am serious about the dvd set too. that is one thing that will never get old for me.

     
    At Thu Jul 07, 09:26:00 AM , Blogger Sherri said...

    repeat after me.....e borka dee a umm a ticka umm e borksa day dee a umm bork bork bork!

     
    At Fri Jul 08, 10:58:00 AM , Blogger Yoda said...

    Disney's California Adventure has a Muppet 4-D experience that puts you in the Muppet Theater (complete with Statler & Waldorf in the box seats) that's not to be missed.

    It's time to get things started...

    ~Kurt

     

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home