Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Comin' Home

After 5 years of being on the other side of the world, my brother is coming home! He has been living in Eastern Asia for the last 5 years teaching English, going to school and hanging out. I have been the only child for the last 5 years. My parents and I haven't seen him in 5 years, only in pictures. He is a man now. He is almost 31! He left for Thailand when he was my age. We'll see how we get along this time around now that we have (hopefully) both matured a lot.

He is supposed to arrive Friday night. He is trying to get his flight delayed by three days but still, he'll be home before next Monday. It's going to be sooo weird seeing him after such a long time. I mean he's my brother and all but it seems like he's not at the same time.

He will be staying at our house. So this room that I am typing in will be converted back to his room. That means no more late nights on the computer. He is planning on going to University of California at San Diego when he comes back so that means he should only be here for a short time. His acceptance there is conditional though given an improved GRE score. He just took the GRE again this past week and I think he meet the requirement. We'll see.

I'm crossing my fingers that all of us* living under the same roof again won't cause anyone to run away from home or go on any drinking binges.

*we never were the Cleavers. my brother and i have never gotten along. my dad and my brother never really did get along. well, we were all kinds of dysfunctional.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jul 05, 10:28:00 PM , Blogger j. said...

what's the backstory man? blog it.

i'll try and make him feel as comfy as possible. i am looking forward to forming some bond so, like i said...we'll see!

mmmm, meth labs you say? haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home