Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My First Day of School

Today I went back to school. It's been about six years that I have been out of college. It is very tough and scary to go back after all that time. It has meant so much to me that everyone has encouraged me so much and given me all of my "good luck"s and "i'm proud of you"s.

I spent the night at T's so I would be close to school and wouldn't have to make the hour drive on my first day. I woke up extremely groggy. I am not a morning person and hey, I usually sleep at least until 11am. I was definitely not little Miss Sunshine with her backpack and new pencils.

I rolled out of bed after an hour of being harassed to get up.

I took T to work and then drove to school about two hours early.

I went to Chick-Fil-A and tried to eat but it was way too hot and I was too nervous.

This is where I'm lucky I left two hours early...I reached my University and proceeded to hunt for a parking spot for 40 minutes. Yup, 40 fucking minutes! However, after 40 minutes I got one of the spots closest to my Visual Arts building. I was golden but only after having wasted half a tank of gas, of course my A/C was on too because it was a hundred degrees outside and I didn't want to be all smelly and greasy on the first day (and speaking of...with gas prices so high, I spent $30 to fill up, what the fuck is that!)

I spent my day in my two studio classes. I was pretty shy but made a new friend. Her name is Mandy, she is going to be my locker buddy. (We have lockers in the art building so we don't have to haul a lot of our stuff around.) I like Mandy's haircut. I got my one text book from the bookstore and then ate lunch by myself in the Student Union and worked on my crossword.

After school, I went to the art store to pick up most of the supplies I need. I spent a hundred bucks. Tomorrow I have to go to another art store to pick up a HUGE portfolio type bag. It has to be big enough to carry around my 24"x18" sketch pads. I also have to get a few more things including Prismacolor Markers which are sooo expensive. I'll be dead broke after this is all said and done. Although, I like spending money on art supplies more than textbooks that you sell back at the end of the semester for like 1/100th of the price you paid.

I'm all *professional art student* now. hahah.

I love it though, I am really looking forward to it. I am going to be challenged so much. I am really going to grow a lot from the things I learn in these classes, it's going to be so beneficial for my being. We are doing more than just drawing and painting too, my professor wants to discuss all kinds of issues dealing with the world and the human condition. Yay for discussion and not just working on art. I am so excited. Oh and I don't know when my online math class starts...school has started and I am still in the dark about this class and I can't get an answer out of anybody at that school. No one knows a thing about it. I think when the math class kicks into session (if I ever find out about it), that's when my enthusiasm will fade.

I have tomorrow off. No work, no school. I am excited to go back Wednesday. We start studio then, I can't wait to get drawing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home