Sunday, November 13, 2005

The New High

www.high.org

The Andrew Wyeth exhibit opened today. I was definetly stoked about that as he is one of my favorite painters. I was most impressed by the marble statues. I couldn't get enough. Some pieces brought tears to my eyes. I bought a one year membership for $38. Not a bad deal since it's a $15 admission price. I can't wait to go back! And since it's free for me, I can go whenever! Even when I'm broke. And I can bring a friend, for free!

________________

you are not supposed to take pictures of the art. i did. on the sly. i wish i could have shot some of the wyeth stuff but there were eyes everywhere watching every move. once i got my face like a couple inches away from his paintings and this lady came rushing over and warned me that i was too close to the piece. i was just examining it. oops. i was also taking lots of notes and they kept coming up to me making sure i was using a pencil and not a pen. they are very strict, i guess i don't blame them though.







this is baby jesus on a cross that a little girl is holding. the title of this statue was something like "first christmas" or "christmas morning" it was lovely.









check out the fine detail on MARBLE! it's perfect, i should have taken a pic of a better example. some of the intricate detail (ie: lace, fabric patterns) was unreal.



this is an empty house across the street from The High. i don't know anything about it. it is empty with no markings. there was a phone number to call (didn't say anything else). i'm going to call them and ask about it. we walked around and peeked in windows. the inside is beautiful and has so much character.



i love the contrast between the pre civil war (?) house and the skyscrapers, i was fascinated by it.



this is from the Howard Finster room. he is a folk artist. it's mostly religious in nature and very junky. it was very interesting to say the least. not my kind of thing but it is to be appreciated at some level.

1 Comments:

At Sun Nov 13, 03:42:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Excuse my nievety and bad spelling haha but what is the deal with the pen and pencil thing??? What difference does it make?!
Confussed onlooker signing off, hehe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home