Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I'm Really Looking Forward To This Album

2nd and final solo album

background info

Door Harp made me cry and contemplate and mourn. This one is supossed to be even more intense.

I remember when Warren Zevon died, his last album, "The Wind" made me cry...a lot. I get so emotional about these albums that are made when someone knows they are dying. Being able to receive a message set in music from someone who is living with their own death is hauntingly intense. "Door Harp", it being instrumental, is a perfect example of words not being able to articulate the story, only the notes of the song can do that. It felt like you were Mikey's actual heartbeat, the tears that fell from his eyes, his eyes as he looked at his family, taking in all of the moments that he thought he would have forever to capture.

I strongly suggest listening to both "The Wind" by Warren Zevon and "Door Harp" by Michael Houser. When "Sandbox" comes out, take some time and remember Houser. I'm not about to get all sentimental because I will definetly cry but he is so sorely missed.

Release date: January 2006
Album: Sandbox
Artist: Michael Houser
Producer: John Keane
Record Company: Supercat (??? i assume that this is a branch off of "Brown Cat", probably John Keane owned)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home