Saturday, June 11, 2005

Wasting Time

I am done with work for the night. I am getting ready to go out, actually, I am ready. I am not one to really "get ready". I am so low maintanence. Anyway, I am going out with a girlfriend from work for a couple drinks when she gets off work.

I was trying to check the Panic setlist for tonights Bonnaroo show but it has not been posted yet...the show, I assume, is still going on. Panic will probably be done soon, plus, they are an hour behind us. Since it's a festival show it will probably be a pretty typical setlist. A couple guests to sit in and what not. They play tomorrow night too.

They have a pretty great list of artists this year...(I will put *** next to my very favorites)

Alison Krauss*** (I want to be her)
Jurassic 5
Drive-ByTruckers*** (love, love, love)
Widespread Panic*** (love the old Panic, like the new Panic, this band was my passion for years)
Gov't Mule***
Allman Bros.***
The Gourds (the ones who do the bluegrass version of "Gin and Juice" which is good)
Bela Fleck (love, love, love)***
Dave Matthews (great musicians, hate the fan base and all the mainstream crap they now represent)
Sound Tribe Sector 9 (not my kind of music but they are good at what they do, I was good friends with Zach (their drummer) in high school)
Galactic
Kings of Leon
Yonder Mountain String Band
Black Crowes ***(love the Crowes and love Chris Robinson's new band "New Earth Mud", saw them open for Gov't Mule and they blew me away, Paul Stacey, the guitarist was phenominal)
Karl Denson
RJD2 (my old neighbor in Athens loved this guy, I think he's a DJ, supposed to be an excellent show)
Toots and the Maytalls (saw him in Charleston one time and it was a blast)
Bob Weir & Ratdog***
My Morning Jacket (have never seen them live but have heard one of the CDs and I thought it was really really cool)
Umphrey's McGee (BOOOO! TOTALLY overrated. I think they are so blah. I met T for the first time at this show in Athens. The fact that Relix named this band best new band of the year or whatever proves that the "jamband" scene is going straight to hell)
John Butler Trio
Earl Scruggs
Keller Williams

oh and Trey Anastasio...oooh *Trey*. (sarcasm level h i g h)

These are the more notable acts at Bonnaroo with some being super notable. I could do without a couple but I guess it doesn't matter, I'm doing without all of them b/c I am not there. I wish I wasthere, not just b/c of T but just because I love, love festivals and I love many of the above acts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home