Friday, June 10, 2005

Lunch with the Ladies

Quick Summary of my lunch today with my mom and her school friends. (my mom works at a middle school as technology head)

The ladies all arrived in perky looking summer wear, lots of bright greens, pinks, etc. There were quite a few capri pants worn. My mom has been sucked in to this whole world. She has purchased the capri pants and the bright shirts. She has started scrapbooking as well. ??? The ladies were talking about how they are excited about the Clay Aiken concert (!?!?!). You know, Clay Aiken, the American Idol runner up dude. A couple of them have paid $50+ for tickets! And then they proceeded to get all excited about the new reality show where washed up actors are in a ballroom dancing competition or something like that. It does not take them much, I swear.

My mom is cool as hell but get her around these ladies and she is...I don't even know what to call it actually. She has her other friends, her tennis friends, her best friends. They go to the lake and let loose and have fun. They are the ones that drink and laugh until they pee their pants. They cuss and don't act all middle school teacher like. I hope that makes sense. My mom loves the school and her school friends and that's cool but they are sooo lame. I don't mind a couple of them but for the most part the only thing that matters in their lives are whether their bright green fluffy flip flops match the bright green little bikes on their capri pants which should also match their feather rimmed straw purse that is "too cute".

Maybe I'm too judgmental but I just can't believe that these flamingos are let out of the mental institute.

I was dying laughing inside all throughout lunch. Man, I wish I was a good storyteller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home