Thursday, June 09, 2005

True Life

I am naive but not that naive. I have seen a lot, however, I was shocked to find out what goes on in this town where I live.

I went to this bar last night. It is a huge bar. I have only been one time before and it was dead and boring. So, to my surprise, last night, this place was packed. We walked in and I thought to myself, "so this is where all the young people in this town go". But I'm not talking just the young crowd, these are like the cheesey young people. They were sitting on the bar and on each other's shoulders, they were hootin and hollerin. The attention was on the huge stage where there was a bikini contest going on. A bikini contest. In a bar, not even at the beach. In a bar. Maybe this isn't surprising to some but for me, I was very very surprised. I stood there just staring, trying to figure it all out. I'm sure my jaw was dropped. There was this girl on stage shaking her ass really fast. She looked like she was auditioning for a rap video. There were other girls in bikinis dancing around and shaking their boobs. The crowd was going wild. Where did these girls come from? Who are these people? The winner gets a $100 bar tab. Not even cash. So these girls are doing it for the attention I guess. This happens every Wednesday night. It totally felt like an MTV True Life episode..."True Life: I Enter Bikini Contests For Money". It was just that type of atmosphere...it was just a lifestyle of young people that I am not familiar with.

I am still young, don't get me wrong but I have never hung out with people like that. It was fun to watch, especially for a big people watcher like myself and the girl I liked the best won the contest. The night ended well. I was with the same friend who I saw the bar fight with, so it was good company and quite the bar experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home